Alzheimer's Association® essentiALZ® Certification Exam Instructions
After completing the CARES®
online dementia care training program, you are eligible to become certified in essentiALZ. The Alzheimer’s Association essentiALZ certification is an online, individual certification exam for professional care providers that tests knowledge of evidence-based and person-centered care practices outlined in the nationally recognized Alzheimer’s Association Dementia Care Practice Recommendations.
Directions to Take the essentiALZ Exam:
Taking the exam on your mobile phone?
- Go to:
- Click the “Log In/Register” button in the upper right.
- Log in to your account (if you have taken an exam previously) or click “Create Account” under the New User section.
- Scroll down and click the "New Enrollment Code" button.
- Enter the enrollment code given to you by your supervisor. Then click the "Enroll" button.
- Click the "Go" button on the pop-up.
- If you get lost, click the "My Trainings" tab on the top blue bar at the top of your screen. Select "Active Trainings" and click "Go" next to your exam.
- Complete the essentiALZ certification exam with a score of 90% or above. If you fail the exam twice, please review the topic areas requiring additional study and repeat training if possible before relaunching exam.
How long is my certification valid?
- Turn your phone sideways so the pages can be viewed in “landscape” mode.
- The essentiALZ certification is valid for two years from the date the exam is successfully completed.
For questions regarding the essentiALZ certification exam, please visit http://training.alz.org/help
or complete a Contact Us form at https://action.alz.org/personifyebusiness/Contact/essentiALZ.aspx